The Cocktail: Champagne Mint Julep
The Reason: It’s Triple Crown season, so why not celebrate in style with an effervescent twist on Thoroughbred racing’s traditional May drink, the mint julep.
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark Bourbon®
- ½ part elderflower liqueur (St. Germaine one recommendation)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Champagne or sparkling wine
How to Make It:
- Add all ingredients except champagne into a sturdy glass
- Thoroughly muddle the mint leaves to release the oils
- Combine crushed ice
- Top with champagne or sparking white wine
- Stir thoroughly and garnish with a sprig of mint and a lemon twist and enjoy the spoils of a victor.