Calling horse races is an incredibly difficult job with so much happening at the same time and usually in less than two minutes. The top race callers in the U.S. and around the world feature a diverse group that includes some extremely funny individuals. The races below represent some of the top race calls of all time from the pros as well as a valiant attempt from comedian and late-night talk show host Conan O'Brien. Enjoy ... we certainly did!
10) When it’s this foggy, you can’t blame track announcer Tom Durkin for this race call:
9) What happens when you unleash comedian Conan O’Brien at Santa Anita Park to call a race? Hilarity ensues, naturally!
8) Doremifasollatido – Tom Durkin strikes again – if he decides to give up calling races he could definitely have a second career in karaoke!
7) Ever wonder what would happen if Rodney Dangerfield called a race? Of course you have! Enjoy:
6) Track announcer + helium tank = helpless giggling. Trust us:
5) Track announcer Frank Mirahmadi does so many impressions during this race call – it’s a combination of funny and flat-out awesome:
4) If you name your horse Yakahickamickadola you totally deserve this:
3) When the favorite in this Los Alamitos race was named Freaking, announcer Chris Kotulak had some fun:
2) You can tell that track announcer Tom Durkin had a good time unleashing his inner Jack Sparrow with this one!
1) This is truly the best of the best – track announcer Larry Collmus nailed it with this race, which featured a stretch battle between horses called Mywifenosevrything and Thewifedoesntknow. This got so big that it even earned a segment on the Today Show.