Preakness Partners with Zed Run for Historic NFT Collection, Exclusive Digitally Bred HorsesPop Culture
Ahead of Preakness 146 this Saturday, 1/ST, owners of the Preakness, are commemorating the incredible 146-year legacy of the race with an exclusive line of limited edition NFTs, which are on auction now and available at PreaknessStakesNFT.com. These limited-edition digital collectibles are a first-of-its kind in Thoroughbred racing and bring the most iconic races in Preakness history to life in an all-new digital format.
The Preakness NFT collection will auction official, full-race clips from some of the biggest races in Preakness history, giving fans and collectors the opportunity to own official Preakness races as exclusive 1-of-1 NFTs. Directly following Preakness 146 airing live on NBC on Saturday, May 15, the Preakness will mint the race as a 1-of-1 NFT. This unique offering will be the fastest a professional sports organization, team, or athlete has ever minted an NFT following a sporting event.
As an added element to this exciting launch, 1/ST has also partnered with Zed Run, the creators of the highly successful digital racehorse platform, to breed and deliver custom digital racehorses with exclusive Preakness skins. Every NFT available for auction in the collection will unlock exclusive offerings within Zed Run, including a Preakness race-coat-skin within the game and Genesis Z10 digital racehorses. The collection also includes a series of Zed Run Preakness x Nakamoto works of art for auction that unlock a Preakness race-coat-skin within the game.
In addition to minting some of the most iconic races in the sport of Thoroughbred horse racing, the Preakness NFT collection will pay homage to The Woodlawn Vase by tokenizing it; perfectly recreating the piece using 3D animation. Known as the most expensive trophy in American sports, The Woodlawn Vase is an ornate, Tiffany-designed, sterling-silver piece dating back to 1860. The winning bidder of this NFT will also receive a physical replica of the Woodlawn Vase measuring 28-inches tall made of approximately 105 ounces of fine sterling silver, becoming the first public-facing owner of the trophy. Until now, the replica trophy has only been presented to the winning owner, trainer, and jockey of the Preakness Stakes.
“The Preakness NFT collection packages a selection of the most iconic moments from the second jewel of the Triple Crown and offers NFT collectors and fans of Thoroughbred horse racing an opportunity to own a piece of history,” said David Wilson, Chief Marketing Officer, 1/ST. “At 1/ST, we are focussed on developing innovative ways to engage customers at and beyond the racetrack, and the coupling these 1-of-1 Preakness NFT collectable moments with rare, once-in-a-lifetime experiences does just that.”
Beyond all of the digital NFTs, special-edition items offer once-in-a-lifetime experiential opportunities. Buyers of the special edition NFTs will have the chance to participate in the winner’s circle presentation of the Woodlawn Vase from the historic cupola, to name a Preakness undercard race, access to exclusive VIP tickets to Preakness 147, and much more.
The Preakness NFT Collection can be viewed at PreaknessStakesNFT.com. The main auction is now open and will conclude Sunday, May 16 at 9 p.m. ET. The three special editions auctions are now open and conclude on Monday, May 17 at 9 p.m. ET. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the NFTs will benefit The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund and the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance.
The Preakness Collection (NFT VIDEO PREVIEWS - CLICK HERE)
**All items include a Zed Run Genesis Z10 digital racehorse attached to an exclusive Preakness race-coat-skin**
● Triple Crown Winner (1973) - Secretariat (1-of-1 NFT)
● Triple Crown Winner (1977) - Seattle Slew (1-of-1 NFT)
● Triple Crown Winner (1978) - Affirmed (1-of-1 NFT)
● Classic Rivalry (1989) - Sunday Silence vs. Easy Goer (1-of-1 NFT)
● Historic Win (1997) - Silver Charm (1-of-1 NFT)
● Historic Win (2004) - Smarty Jones (1-of-1 NFT)
● Historic Win (2005) - Afleet Alex (1-of-1 NFT)
● Classic Rivalry (2007) - Curlin vs. Street Sense vs. Hard Spun (1-of-1 NFT)
● Memorable Filly Victory (2009) - Rachel Alexandra (1-of-1 NFT)
● Historic Win (2012) - I'll Have Another (1-of-1 NFT)
● Historic Win (2014) - California Chrome (1-of-1 NFT)
● Triple Crown Winner (2015) - American Pharoah (1-of-1 NFT)
● Triple Crown Winner (2018) - Justify (1-of-1 NFT)
● Memorable Filly Victory (2020) - Swiss Skydiver (1-of-1 NFT)
Special Edition 1-of-1 - The Woodland Vase NFT + Physical Trophy
The Preakness will pay homage to The Woodlawn Vase by tokenizing it; perfectly recreating the piece using 3D animation. Touted as the most expensive trophy in American sports, The Woodlawn Vase is an ornate, Tiffany-designed, sterling-silver piece dating back to 1860. The original trophy is kept at the Baltimore Museum of Art in Maryland and is escorted to the Preakness each year by the Maryland Army National Guard.
● In addition to the digital NFT, the winning bidder of this NFT will also receive an official Woodlawn Vase replica trophy and will become the first public-facing owner of the trophy. Until now, the replica trophy has only been presented to the winning owner, trainer, and jockey of the Preakness Stakes.
● The winning bidder will also receive two (2) VIP Tickets to Preakness 147 (May, 2022) inclusive of Homestretch views and a VIP dining experience**
Special Edition 1-of-1 Triple Crown Winner Montage
The Triple Crown lives on as the greatest achievement in Thoroughbred horse racing, earning the victor worldwide acclaim and etching a place in the annals of the sport's storied history. This 1-of-1 video NFT showcases the most recent winners of The Preakness Triple Crown (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed, American Pharoah, Justify). The highest bidder of this 1-of-1 NFT will be the only person in the world to own this piece of Preakness history and it will never be reproduced.
● The winner of this 1-of-1 auction will also win the exclusive opportunity to name an undercard race at Preakness 147 next year. The undercard race name can be the winning bidder’s username, wallet ID, or anything of their choosing!
● The winning bidder will also receive (2) VIP Tickets to Preakness 147 (May 2022) inclusive of Homestretch views and VIP dining!**
Special Edition Preakness 146 - An Instant 1-of-1 Classic (2021)
Directly following Preakness 146 aired live on NBC on Saturday, May 15, The Preakness will mint the race as a 1-of-1 NFT. This unique offering will be the fastest a professional sports organization, team, or athlete has ever minted an NFT following a sporting event. Minted in real time at Pimlico Race Course following Preakness 146, this historic NFT will attract collectors for years to come.
● The winner of this 1-of-1 auction has the opportunity to work with The Preakness design team to create an official jockey silk
, with custom designs, colors and patterns. Additionally, this silk will be autographed by this year's winning connections for Preakness 146 and shipped directly to the winner framed (or not framed)
● The winning bidder will also receive two (2) VIP Tickets to Preakness 147 (May 2022) inclusive of Homestretch views and a VIP dining experience.**
Special Edition: “American Thoroughbred” by Black Madre (1-of-1)
A hand illustrated special edition depicting the legendary American Thoroughbred and Preakness Winner - Justify alongside champion Jockey Mike Smith - during the 143rd Preakness on May 19, 2018. “American Thoroughbred” was hand illustrated and digitally created by the renowned artist Black Madre. “In handcraft we trust.“ Andre Maciel is a visual artist from São Paulo. Widely known for his custom illustrations for Rob Gronkowski & The Golden State Warriors record setting NFT Collections, Black Madre has accumulated various awards and notable publications. A portion of the proceeds of this NFT will benefit The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Zed Run Presents: Preakness x Nakamoto NFT Collection
A limited edition NFT art collection based on the ZED RUN Nakamoto Bloodline in collaboration with The Preakness. This collection of masterpiece art animations encapsulates the rarest Nakamoto bloodline in Zed Run. This collection features one set of 15 unique (1-of-1) artworks exclusively designed with the Preakness Stakes. Each of the 15 artworks will come with an exclusive Preakness race-coat-skin unlockable within Zed Run.
1/ST has partnered with Medium Rare to produce the exclusive Preakness NFT collection. Medium Rare is the same team behind the $1.75 million dollar Rob Gronkowski NFTs and Golden State Warriors NFT collection. The latter grossed more than $2 million dollars and broke a record for the highest single sports NFT with the winning bid coming in close to $900 thousand.
For more information about the The Preakness NFT Collection, please visit PreaknessStakesNFT.com.