Putting their skills on the line for their chosen charities, five teams will participate in the first America’s Best Racing Charity Betting Challenge on the 2020 Breeders’ Cup World Championships races, which will be held at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky., Nov. 6-7.
weekend TV schedule
The teams and their charities are:
- TEAM ABR: Dan Tordjman, Ren Carothers, Ellis Starr – The Jockey Club Safety Net Foundation
- TEAM KEENELAND: Tom Leach, Jim Goodman – Nourish
- TEAM KSR: Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, Ryan Lemond – five Kentucky Sports Radio causes
- TEAM TVG: TVG on-air talent – Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund
- TEAM WLEX: Nancy Cox, Keith Farmer, Claire Couch – CHI Saint Joseph Health Foundation
Starting with a bankroll of $2,000, each team must bet on every race on both days and then donate and all proceeds to their charity of choice. No charity will receive less than $2,000.
The popular fan-development arm of The Jockey Club, ABR will host daily “Breeders’ Cup Preview” live streaming shows on its social media channels beginning on Tuesday, Nov. 3, beginning at noon ET. During those shows, which will feature racing personalities and handicappers, ABR will highlight the Charity Betting Challenge and offer insights on Breeders’ Cup races. In addition, a recap of the contest will be available on americasbestracing.net.
“We are delighted to be a part of this first-year event and hope it will be a staple for Breeders’ Cup week going forward,” said Dan Tordjman, manager of partnerships and sponsorships for ABR. “We hope to not only raise money for our charities, but also provide some wagering insights for fans to enjoy.”
For more information on the ABR Charity Betting Challenge, contact Kip Cornett at Kip@TeamCornett.com.