There are a lot of ways to get to know the Breeders’ Cup contenders: From following their connections on Twitter and Instagram to reading up on their past racing performances, there’s a wealth of information available. But if you’re looking for some adorable info about some of the runners, we have 10 examples of what makes these horses special waiting for you below.
1. Bolo, who’s pointing toward the Breeders’ Cup TVG Mile, has an obsession with cameras.
2. Longines Distaff hopeful Serengeti Empress has a fan in the NFL.
3. Midnight Bisou loves peppermint candy.
4. Promises Fulfilled has a famously adorable pair of ears.
5. TVG Mile hopeful Got Stormy has a really cute freckle face.
6. Longines Distaff contender Street Band’s trainer Larry Jones rides her regularly.
7. Breeders’ Cup Sprint hopeful Imperial Hint’s nickname is “Little Rocket” since he’s so small and fast.
8. Omaha Beach loves people, and people love him right back.
9. Lazy Daisy, who’s heading to the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies, is both owned by a professional hockey player and by regular people who bought micro-shares.
10. Higher Power, who’s running in the Longines Classic, has an adorably pink nose.