The Cocktail: Maker’s Mark Mojito
The Reason: With Cinco de Mayo just past and the Preakness Stakes fast approaching, why not combine the best of each event for a classic warm weather cocktail? We’re in!
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark
- 1 part lime juice
- About 20 (or more) fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Triple Sec Liqueur
- Fresh lime wedge
How to Make It:
- Combine the sugar, lime juice, half of the mint leaves, and a splash of triple sec in a glass
- Muddle until the sugar dissolves
- Add the desired amount of ice or crushed ice and lightly rub the remaining mint leaves before adding to the glass so as to release the oils from the herb
- Top with bourbon, soda, or sparkling water, and top with the fresh lime. Cheers, or salud!