Are you searching for the perfect present for the horse lover in your life this holiday season? We’re teaming up with Zenyatta: Queen of Racing to help! Below are some of our selections for gifts tailor-made for racing fans and equestrians of all ages.
1. Zenyatta, Queen of Racing DVD: This full-length, 87-minute documentary chronicles the life of one of racing’s biggest superstars: Zenyatta. With more than 90 minutes of bonus features, including all 20 of her races back to back, this DVD includes over three hours of unbelievable footage of Zenyatta, the queen of racing. It’s the perfect gift for any horse lover this holiday season!
2. Race-Ready Bow Ties: Know a dapper racing fan? Then these Thoroughbred-themed bow ties will make the perfect holiday present!
3. A Longines Watch: If you’re searching for an unforgettable present for someone special, look no further than Longines. Longines watches embody the timeless elegance of a day at the races, and their timepieces are the perfect way to make this winter wonderful.
4. Horse and Rider Cookie Cutters: If you know someone who’s wild about baking and horses, this is the ultimate present! These cookie cutters make 3-D edible art, a step above your run-of-the-mill molds.
5. An ABR Signature Collection by Christine A. Moore Hat: A perfect present for the racing lover in your life! Christine A. Moore is the official milliner of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont Stakes, and the Breeders’ Cup World Championships; and her ABR line is affordably priced and stylish enough for the best races in the country.
6. Santa Jockey for a Dog: Ever wished your pooch was one of Santa’s reindeer? Wish granted.
7. A Spot in the Racing Hall of Fame: If you know a racing fan, why not get them a spot in the sport’s Hall of Fame? For a limited time, you can buy a brick with a personalized custom message in the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame’s courtyard. It’s the ultimate present for the biggest racing fan you know!
8. Racehorse socks: Need a perfect Secret Santa gift or stocking suffer for the racing fan in your life? Then these socks are for you!
9. A Stirrup Bookmark: From “The Saddle Club” to Seabiscuit,” readers of all ages will love this elegant stirrup bookmark.
10. Great Racehorses Coloring Book: Here’s the perfect present for kids who love racehorses! This coloring book includes all of the Triple Crown winners as well as some of history’s greats.
11. A Bills Khakis Milled Brown Leather Belt: Bills Khakis is famous for its American-made trousers, but their belts have quickly become a staple of men’s fashion. Give a fantastic gift with their milled brown leather belt – it’s a perfect fit for any look from an afternoon at the racetrack to a day in the barn.
12. Rebecca Ray Horse Bit Cuff: This bracelet is holiday-perfect: sporty and chic, it’s the ultimate accessory for the horse lover in your life. Get it now from the Breeders’ Cup shop in any of four colors!
13. Complete Christmas Riding Set: If you know a holly-jolly horseback rider, consider this Christmas-themed riding set. For $46.79, you get a horse-sized Santa hat, quarter sheet, leg wraps, and bridle decorations.
14. An Ugly Christmas Sweater: Hideous and hilarious! This is perfect for the prankster in your life.
15. Horse Playing Cards: These beautiful playing cards are adorned with illustrations of different horse breeds and riding disciplines.
16. A Kentucky Derby Ball Cap: The Kentucky Derby is an icon of American sports, so what better present to give this holiday season than a cap commemorating the run for the roses?
17. Horse Shoe Wine Rack: Whether celebrating a big win or the perfect ride, this rack is the perfect present for the wine-loving equestrian in your life.
18. Racehorse Dog Collar: This is the perfect gift for the dog owner and horse lover in your life! The cotton webbing has racehorses embroidered across its entire circumference as well as leather accents.
19. Keeneland Coffee: Being a horse lover often means early mornings: whether it’s going to the barn to feed or the track to watch workouts, the horse lover in your life will appreciate a caffeinated pick-me-up present this holiday season!
20. A Horse Country Tour: The best way to make a horse lover’s dreams come true this holiday season is to take them to equine paradise: Kentucky’s famed horse country. Get in touch with the pros over at Horse Country and let them plan the perfect tour of the Bluegrass’s celebrated Thoroughbred farms.
21. Farm Swag: Some legendary farms on the Horse Country tours have their own gift shops; find the perfect present for your favorite racing fan from California Chrome’s home at Taylor Made Farm, Blame’s stud Claiborne Farm, or Tiznow’s base at WinStar Farm.
22. Junior Membership to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation: Sign up a horse-crazy kid for a Junior Membership to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation and they’ll get a plush pony that they get to name as well as a photo of a famous horse from their pony’s breed. And, twice a year, they’ll get a newsletter with fun facts, games, and more. All the proceeds go to benefit research from the Grayson-Jockey Club, a non-profit organization that benefits horses of all breeds.
23. A Horse: Give the gift of happiness by sponsoring a horse at the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation this holiday season. Sponsors receive a personalized packet about their selected horse, photos and updates throughout the year, and even the opportunity to meet the horse in person. The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation also offers a “kid-friendly” sponsorship packet for little ones who want a horse of their own.