American Pharoah, ridden by Victor Espinoza, glides to a victory in the 2015 Kentucky Derby. He went on to sweep the Preakness and Belmont Stakes to become Thoroughbred racing's first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. (Photo by Eclipse Sportswire)
Triple Crown winner American Pharoah will ship from Southern California to New Jersey on Wednesday, July 29 as he prepares for his next start in the $1 million William Hill Haskell Invitational Stakes on Sunday, Aug. 2.
Below is a tentative schedule for racing’s 12th Triple Crown winner:
- American Pharoah will arrive at Atlantic City International Airport at approximately 1:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Police will escort the Triple Crown winner from the airport to Monmouth Park, where he will stabled in Kelly Breen’s barn.
- American Pharoah will gallop at Monmouth on Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 7:30- 7:50 a.m.
- The clubhouse will be open to the public on Friday and Saturday from 7-8 a.m. to watch American Pharoah gallop.
- The track will be restricted to Haskell participants only from 7:30-7:50 a.m. from Thursday through Saturday
- The Haskell Invitational press conference and post-position draw will be held on Thursday, July 30 at noon. The event is invitation only.
- American Pharoah is scheduled to school in the paddock on Friday, July 31 with the field for the first race (12:50 p.m., weather permitting).
- Post time for the main event on Haskell day, Sunday, Aug. 2, will be 5:52 p.m.
The probable field for the 48th renewal of the Haskell Invitational, in addition to American Pharoah, consists of: Mr. Jordan, Competitive Edge, Keen Ice, War Story and Tekton.
The race will be telecast live on NBC from 5-6 p.m. Gates will open at 9 a.m. on race day with first post time set for 11:30 a.m.
AMERICAN PHAROAH EXERCISES AT DEL MAR ON JULY 23